Just think.....
You're here not by chance,
but by God's choosing.
His hand formed you
and made you
the person you are.
He compares you to no one else--
you are one of a kind.
You are lack nothing
that His grace can't give you.
He has allowed you to be here
at this time in history
to fulfill His special purpose
for this generation.
~ Roy Lessin~
Being happy doesn't mean everything 's perfect.
It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.
Find the good.
It's all around you.
Find it.
Show case it
and you'll
start
BELIEVING IT.
jesse owens
TAKE A MOMENT TO REMEMBER HOW SPECIAL YOU ARE AND HOW LUCKY THE WORLD IS TO HAVE YOU IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dance as if no one
is watching,
Sing as if no one
were listening,
And live everyday
as if it were your LAST.
Found pictures of a girl today I used to know..
It all started out so innocently today with my CD search for baby pictures of the kids. Then I found these! I know her that's me but I was just surprized to see her..I mean me. In my heart of hearts I know I have changed a lot but all I can see is what I still have to loose instead of enjoying what I have lost. It all started May5th 2004 with Troy by my side I signed the papers you know the ones saying it's possible you may die from this surgery papers. It felt very surreal. I could possibly be leaving my precious husband to raise our then 16 month old alone without me. It was so scary! But I just knew in my heart of hearts that God would get me through this. He had healed my heart after every baby lose. Then our gift of sweet Lanta..I knew that there was more living that I wanted to do with those two precious people so I had to make it through the surgery. To me dying wasn't an option. I will never forget the first time when I got to see Troy while I was in recovery room. It was a very sweet moment for me. I was ready to get home to sweet baby lanta and start my new weight loss journey. It has been one filled with many ups and downs but really a great decision for the most part..if I had to do again would I? Yes,despite all the pain and the new way of eating and looking at food. Well,it's been a journey of by may of 2005 I had lost 98 pounds and then found out I was pregnant with August. Even with the pregnancy I only gained 35 pounds. Which was awesome..then he was born and I nursed him a whole year not caring or really restricting myself because it was for my baby! After his 1st birthday it was no more nursing and back on the weight loss track...which pretty much leads us to today I have lost 104 pounds and have about 50-60 to go. Crazy!! The picture of me in the red is horrible to begin with so don't laugh too hard. Wow, I just dumped a whole lotta personal stuff out there but it's the truth about me. "She" will never be again but a part of who "she" is and was will always be me Hilary...Then::

NOW::
Go everywhere with a thousand voices singing.
Never lose the opportunity to bring sunshine into the life of another. A few encouraging words could make a huge difference in someone's life....
12 comments:
Wow, Hilary!!! You know what's funny, I hardly remember you being that big. I'll have to go back and check out my pics too. That's amazing. Thanks for sharing your story and getting deep! I know that this sounds so cliche to say this but it's REALLY REALLY true in your case, no matter what size you are, you are a beautiful person both inside and out!!!
Hilary,
I commend you for making the decision to live! It is one that takes courage and guts. I know that living the life post-surgery isn't the most fun but the dedication that has to come from it is amazing.
You are truly a BEAUTIFUL person. Although Lanta is a replica of her daddy she has your twinkly eyes and that my friend is proof of God's goodness.
Wow, Hilary, you have come a long way. I'm 30 over which really scares me. I know 30 is just a start, it turns to 40, then 50. The fertility drugs I just spent three months taking caused me to gain 7 lbs while I was already stressing over putting on 7 since having Kaitlyn. I said that wrong, I lost all the baby weight then put 7 lbs back on. I have now gained an extra 7 lbs. I have two months to lose as much as possible before I try one last time to get pregnant. I come from a BIG family so weight has always worried me. It leads to a lot of crazy health issues that I really don't want to deal with. Sorry, I'm going on about me. What I really wanted to say was you look great. It always amazes me how much a person's face changes as they lose or gain weight. It's almost like you have become a whole new person. You are my inspiration.
Wow! I have never met you in person but I can tell you are beautiful both inside and out! I too struggle with weight and am trying to get some off!
Andrea
I did make it. I got the pattern from http://sewsensible.blogspot.com/ She makes awesome patterns that are so EASY!
Way to go Hilary! You'll get there.
Hilary, Thanks for reading my blog and for the sweet things you said about me. I really enjoyed having Lanta in my class. She is a sweetheart. I often wonder how many of the kids remember the class after they are gone and hoping we left some sort of lasting impression on them. They are all special. I also noticed through out the year that you looked like you were loosing weight. You look great and happy. Tell Lanta Miss Jonna said hello and have a great summer!!
WE'RE home! We had an awesome time, and the boys survived (actually they did really good, it was ME who had some sad moments!).
Congrats on your weight loss-you look Great! It's about looking great, but it's also about feeling great and being healthy.
You didn't say what your surgery was, but a relative went the bypass route, and she was doing great until she stopped following dr's orders for her diet. She couldn't eat alot to begin with, but then she got her "nutrition" from coffee!
My uncle did the band procedure, and has done well. Because of his age he couldn't do the bypass. It's great that they have another option for those who can't have bypass.
Thanks for your comments on my blog. The circle thing is growing, and it will be never ending. I will share more about circles as time goes. Circles are sacred.
Also I started a shutterfly account where I will post most of my photos at with some not being shared on my blog. The address is www.photographybyamanda.site.shutterfly.com
Have a great day,
amanda
Wow congratulations that is awesome! 2 of my Aunts had the suregery and when I look back at old pics of them I almost don't even recognize them
Anyway thanks for sharing. You deserve a big pat on the back.
Hilary you are looking wonderful....high five to you for sticking with it. Such strength and inter peace you have found. I know how hard it was for you in the begining. Much love to you...Aunt Donna
Hilary!
First of all...long time, no post (or leave a comment) Sorry :(
Anyway...your weight loss is amazing! My aunt did the lap band and she was sooo happy with it. I think it takes courage to take that step in weight loss.
It's a hard thing to maintain, but you have survived it and will continue to do well!
Oh, also, LOVE the pics of the kiddos with the Mardi Gras beads. We had a ton of those from when i went to New Orleans back when i was 15.
I used to let my girls play with em, then when the scare of lead based paint hit, my girls listened too much to the news and wouldn't wear the fake beads. LOL
So we ended up throwing 'em all away! ;-)
Have a fabulous week!
Post a Comment